Covid 19 Updates
We have lived through a strange time over the past number of months and opening back up means a lot of changes going forward.
The main changes are divided into two distinct sections:
New Policy Guidelines July 2020 for Therapy
- No New clients for the coming months - we will update this as appropriate.
- Reduced number of therapeutic appointments available per day / week to allow for cleaning and social distancing - rigorous cleaning procedures are being put in place to facilitate opening and ongoing client safety.
- All vouchers will be extended for an additional 12 months from the end date.
- Clients are required to wear a mask when arriving and during appointments.
- Therapists will wear masks during appointments.
- All clients will be asked to complete a COVID19 declaration form before their appointment. this is a legal requirement under the return to work protocols and all information will be covered under the GDPR statement (available upon request).
New policy Guidelines July 2020 for Yoga
- Equipment - All students are requested to bring their own yoga mats, eye pillows, towels, & water bottles no shared items will be available for use at this time. A limited stock of new products will be available at cost price upon request.
- Cleaning & Hygiene - Please use hand sanitizer provided when entering and leaving the building.
- Cleaning will be rigorous going forward; the yoga room, as well as common areas and toilet facilities, will be ventilated and cleaned between classes. Respect social distancing rules on the premises and outside the studio. Please enter and leave the studio one at a time and please do not use the therapy room area to put shoes or clothing items on. There will be a gap of 60 minutes now between classes.
- Areas such as door handles and light switches will all be disinfected by the yoga teacher before & after class. Our doors will be left open (only to be opened and closed by the yoga teacher where possible) so please arrive on time for class. Gloves & Sanitiser will be available for use in the toilet should you require to use it.
- Please leave your personal possessions in your car and come ready to class.
- Please do not attend class if you feel unwell or you or someone you live with have any Flu like symptoms.
- Class Structure & Times / Numbers / Payment
- For the immediate future, class swapping will not be available – you must book into one class and stay with this class for the duration of the term.
- Classes will be 60 minutes based on good practice guidelines from Government and membership groups and to facilitate cleaning - we hope that this can be a temporary measure and classes can return to 75 minutes soon.
- Class sizes will be reduced to 6-8 max.
- There will no longer be a pay weekly option – if you are in financial difficulty please speak to yoga teacher and we will arrange a payment schedule.
- Class terms will be for 5 weeks costing €50 for 5-week term.
- No new students will be accepted to class at Birch Tree Yoga for the coming months.
- Particularly vulnerable people are requested to follow the advice of the HSE and to refrain from coming to yoga class for the time being.
- To accommodate decreased numbers in classes we have put on some extra classes - please take a look at the schedule.
- There will be no hands-on corrections going forward.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging time together. We hope your experiences at Birch Tree Yoga continue to be relaxing and invigorating ;)